Custom Button Placement in Current Generation Blogger TemplateYou can manually add the PrintFriendly button to your blog in four easy steps. If you prefer a simpler way, you can use blogger's built-in add widget tool.
Step 1: Copy The Print Friendly & PDF Button Code
Step 2: Prepare to edit your blog's HTML template.
- Log in to your blog dashboard.
- Click Template on the left navigation menu.
- Click Edit HMTL below your blog thumbnail.
* If nothing happens, note that PrintFriendly currently works on any of the Classic Blogger/Blogspot templates. We are still working on getting this to work on the new Dynamic View template.
- A warning message will appear. Click Proceed.
- An Editor window will appear. Click on the check box next to Expand Widget Templates
Step 3: Paste the PrintFriendly button code.
- Find <data:post.body/> in the Editor window.
* Tip: Press "Control" and "F" on keyboard to search.
- Paste the PrintFriendly button code above <data:post.body/> to make the button appear above your posts. Paste the code below <data:post.body/> to place the button below your posts.
* Careful: There's two versions of <data:post.body/>. Use the first (web) not the second (mobile).
Step 4: Preview and save your changes.
- Click Preview.
- Click Save template.
Custom Button Placement In Previous Generation Blogger Template
If you are using the new Blogger interface, please check this article instead.
You can add the Print Friendly & PDF button anywhere in your blogger template.
You'll need to manually add the code to your template.
Step 1:Copy the PrintFriendly Code
Step 2: Select Blogger as first option.
Step 3: Choose Print/PDF button style.
Step 4: Choose add code directly to template.
Step 5: Copy paste the code.
Step 6: Goto your blogger account, click Design, Edit HTML, and put a check mark in Expand Widget Template.
Step 7: Paste the code inside your template above or below the article (see image below).